How to Attend the Virtual Showcase
All screenings during the Virtual Showcase will be hosted directly on our festival website and will include both the film screening and Q&A afterward.
If you are interested in attending a program, go to the specific film/event page and you will see a Buy Ticket button. Tickets will be $10 each and support the festival’s mission to present and preserve the stories of our men and women in uniform.
Before the Event
- When you make a purchase, you’ll receive an email that has your unique access code for each event.
- Each event has its own access code. For example, if you buy a ticket to three different showtimes in one purchase, you will have three unique access codes available in your email confirmation.
- It is your responsibility to keep the virtual ticket and access code safe; reminders are not being sent to you.
- If two persons in one household are sharing the same screen/device to watch the films and discussions, you only need to secure one ticket.
Joining the Event
- Click “Join Event” in your order confirmation email to open the website to watch the event.
- You will be able to enter your access code as early as 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Before You Watch
- Your access code can only be used one time, on one device in one browser.
- Before you use your code, please check the following:
- You’re using the device and browser you would like to watch the entire event on.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
Enjoy the Event
- The event will start automatically.
- Since the event is being live-streamed, you will not be able to rewind.
- You do not need to click or refresh anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including the pre-show, screening and post-show Q&A.
- Sit back and enjoy. You can watch it on your personal device, computer or on Your TV
- There are two methods for watching the event on your television: Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TV’s listed here), open the online event link in Chrome and follow these steps to cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
Q: How many times can I use my personalized code?
A: Each code can only be used once per browser.
Q: What if I need to restart my computer or browser?
A: As long as you are using the same browser, you can still use the same code. If you must use a new browser/device, please register again to obtain a new code.
Q: When do registrations close?
A: Space-permitting, registrations will remain open throughout the duration of the program.
Q: What if I join late?
A: That’s okay! You can join at any time. Note that this is a live event, so you will miss a portion of the program or film screening if you join late.
Q: Can I pause the program to run to the bathroom?
A: In theory, yes. You can pause the program, but when you hit play, the screening will not pick up where you left off. Since this is a live event, you will miss a portion of the program and jump back in at a later point.
Q: I’m burning to ask the director this amazing question! Can I ask it?
A: These screenings will include a Q&A session and you will have the ability to submit questions via the online form for consideration. Note that in the interest of time, moderators may not be able to include all submitted questions.
Q: I’ve followed all of the steps and am still having issues accessing this program. Who can I contact for help?
A: Please reach out to GIFilmFestivalSD@kpbs.org with specific questions. We’ll be monitoring this inbox leading up to and during the online programs. Please be patient and kind as we learn to navigate this process.
Q: Will programs be recorded and available to watch at a later time?
A: Yes, live conversations and Q&A’s will be recorded and uploaded to GIFFSD’s Facebook and the KPBS YouTube channel afterward.