How to Virtually Fest | VOD Rentals
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7+
- Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+
- Android tablets and phones 6.0+ using Chrome
- iPhones and iPads pm iOS 11.2+ using Safari
- Windows computers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. Always use he latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Mac computers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. Always use the latest version of your browser.
Access the VOD Rental
- Once you’ve purchased a rental pass, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to your personal page where you can watch the movie(s).
- If your pass is for a single movie, the link will take you straight to the player. If you purchased a multi-item Rental Pass, your personal page will list all the videos you have access to watch.
- Once you’re on the player page, click play. The first time you click play, you’ll receive a prompt that ensures you’re ready to begin your rental period on this browser.
- IMPORTANT: Once you click play, you cannot play that video on another device or browser.
- You do not need to click or refresh anything throughout the viewing experience.
- Sit back and enjoy. You can watch it on your personal device, computer or on your TV.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
- You will have 24 hours to complete watching the video. See supported devices and browsers above.
- Some rentals offer a playlist option, where you can skip around to go directly to the segments you’d like to view. If your rental has this option, you’ll find the button near the bottom right corner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTSIONS (FAQS)
Q: I can’t hear anything.
A: Make sure the volume is up on the video player, using the volume icon in the lower left corner. Make sure your computer speakers are also turned up.
Q: The video isn’t playing for me.
A: Please make sure you are using a supported browser. If the browser is not supported, reset their view and ask them to try a different browser.
Q: The video is stuck on loading.
A: Please make sure you are using a high speed internet connection and try refreshing the page. Ensure they are using a supported browser. If the browser is not supported, reset their view and ask them to try a different browser.
Q: I can’t cast to my Chromecast.
A: Make sure you’re using the cast button in the bottom right corner of the player. If the button isn’t there, make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and refresh the page. You may need to restart your browser or your Chromecast device. Unfortunately there’s not much more that can be done to troubleshoot home networking issues remotely.
Q: I can’t use Airplay or I only see a black window where the player is, but I can hear the sound.
A: Please turn off Screen Mirroring if you are using an iOS device. You can only cast to Airplay using the cast button in the bottom right corner of the player.
Q: I’ve followed all of the steps and am still having issues accessing this program. Who can I contact for help?
A: Please reach out to GIFilmFestivalSD@kpbs.org with specific questions. We’ll be monitoring this inbox throughout the festival and during the online screenings. Please be patient and kind as we learn to navigate this process.