The Advisory Committee consists of community leaders and organizations who have a passion for public media, cinema, storytelling, the military, and veterans.
Committee members provide meaningful support during the planning of the festival, including promotions, speaker recommendations, media relations and film selection. They also judge submissions to the local film showcase and vote on the award finalists.
The 2018 Advisory Committee Members
- Ashley Camac, Center Director, USO San Diego
- Jodi Cilley, Founder & President, Film Consortium San Diego
- Kevin Cortes, USMC (Ret.)
- John Decker, Director of Programming, KPBS
- Crystal Gates, Regional Director, Blue Star Families
- Jay Jee, USMC (Ret.); Actor
- Todd Kennedy, First Sergeant, USMC (Ret.); Veterans Coordinator, Joan and Art Barron Veterans Center at SDSU
- Bob Lawrence, Staff Sergeant Air Force Reserves (Ret.); former broadcast military reporter
- Meredith Lozar, Director of Community Solutions, Blue Star Families
- Sheldon Margolis, Captain, USN (Ret.); Executive Director, The Veterans Museum at Balboa Park
- Lisa Marcolongo, Public Relations Manager, Elizabeth Hospice
- Nico Marcolongo, Officer, USMC (Ret.); Senior Manager, Operation Rebound, Challenged Athletes Foundation
- RanDee McLain, USN (Ret.); MSW & Program Manager, Courage to Call; 2014 San Diego County Veteran of the Year
- Staci Reidinger, USMC (Ret.); USMC Combat Correspondents Association Board Member, PR Director for The UPS Store, Inc.
- Trisha Richter, Grants & Corporate Giving Manager, KPBS
- Daniel Romero, San Diego Military Family Collaborative Manager at SAY San Diego
- Phillip Sammuli, Director of Corporate Relations, Armed Services YMCA San Diego
- Jennifer Santis, Community Liaison, Mental Health Systems & Courage to Call
- Jennifer Shaar, USMC
- Holly Shaffner, Lieutenant Commander, USCG (Ret.), Military Liaison Officer, Joan & Art Barron Veterans Center at SDSU
- Nancy Worlie, Associate General Manager of Content and Communications, KPBS