GI Film Festival San Diego respects the vibrant diversity and viewpoints of our community and is committed to the freedom of creative expression. GIFFSD is equally committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and enjoyable experience for all. All participants are expected to follow the behaviors below.
- Be respectful of your fellow participants and their right to an enjoyable and impactful experience
- Respect physical boundaries
- Refrain from sustained disruption of the program, presentation, or discussion
- Keep phones, alarms, and other electronic devices silenced during presentations
- Honor individual expression and intellectual property of others by not recording, filming, or photographing films, panels or audience participation without expressed permission
- Abide by the Health and Safety guidelines
- Abstain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior or speech, including but not limited to personal insults, sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist or ableist language or any language that insults or demeans the characteristics of a person protected under U.S. federal, state or local law
- Abstain from deliberate intimidation, threats, stalking, following or trolling
- Possession of dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or similar items is not allowed
- Theft or inappropriate removal or possession of property is not allowed
- Use, distribution, sale, or transfer of illegal drugs is not allowed
- Refrain from disorderly conduct caused by inebriation
- Food and beverages are not permitted inside the theatre. Guests are welcome to enjoy food and drink in the atrium.
Members of the media are expected to observe the above Code of Conduct and are expected to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior common in journalism including accuracy, person-to-person respect, and clarity in communication.
Anyone asked by a GIFFSD staff member, volunteer, venue host, or affiliate to stop engaging in unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. We reserve the right to revoke, without notice or refund, tickets, passes, credentials, or access to the event and venue.
Report Code of Conduct Violations
Each report of a potential violation is taken seriously and reviewed carefully. If you believe you have witnessed or experienced a violation of the Code of Conduct, you are strongly encouraged to report via one of the following methods:
- Verbally report the incident or violation to GIFFSD staff member, venue staff and/or uniformed security
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: reporting via one of the above methods does not constitute, replace, or involve law enforcement. If your immediate safety is at risk or if you observe illegal activity that may harm others, you have the right to notify law enforcement.
Event organizers will respond to all reports as soon as possible with the goal of efficient, respectful, and fair resolution. As we honor personal privacy rights of all our participants, in most cases we will not share any personal identities of involved parties or the consequences of the violation.
Harassment – behavior that intimidates, torments, disturbs, or threatens a person on any basis including race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Sexual Harassment – unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors or other forms of verbal or physical behavior of a sexual nature.
Participant(s) – attendees, speakers, volunteers, guests, exhibitors, vendors, service providers, staff, sponsors, and others involved in the events.